Thursday, April 26, 2018

Final Project: Different


Different

I love everything about Japan. Everything from mannerism, food, culture, language, traditional clothing, irezumi (tattoo in Japanese), and so much more. Since I am Japanese, I dedicate myself to put something on the canvas. I scroll through Pinterest and figure out what it means to me. I have chosen geisha, wave, and Japanese children story called Kintaro. However, I started to put Japanese newspaper with the glue on the canvas and ripped the newspaper and put several holes on purpose. Next, I cover pencil marks on the back of the printed paper of geisha, wave, and Kintaro so I can trace to leave the mark on the canvas. Behind geisha's head is the Japanese rising sun and on the right-hand side is a cloud and Mt. Fuji. I watermark on the canvas without painting on the newspaper so I can trace the pencil mark on the newspaper. I like it because I see both traditional Japanese artwork and street artwork.


Geisha


Japanese Wave Pattern


Kintaro

When you see the artwork, it is different because many people have seen Mona Lisa's painting or other well-known artwork around the world. My ideas for this artwork is to see something different or unusual art on day to day basis. It took me a while, however, I had fun doing this mixed media.

No comments:

Post a Comment